Thursday, February 7, 2008

Looking At Jones Soda

Dear Diary,

I've just called for a copy of the most recent financial report of Jone Soda Company (JSDA). This company seems to be gearing up for some interesting growth. The evident founder of the company has returned to be CEO after a rough 2007 and the resignation of the past CEO. I actually offered to go to work for them, I'm so impressed with the $6 share price and current ratio of 7. I think they need to raise prices and back off enough on marketing expenditures to show a profit and a wider net profit margin than the current 1, I'm seeing. They are spending money like a teenage boy trying to get a date with the homecoming queen, and they need a mature mind to tell them to take a breath.

Harley Davidson (HOG) shows a current ratio of 1.8, and I'm not happy about that; however, I'm going to sit until I see Spring sales before I change any position in the stock. The situation may quickly right itself. If the ratio drops to below 1, I will absolutly not tollerate holding the stock, as this will show flawed internal economics.

Everything else is doing fine.

I'm gonna waite on Pfizer (PFE) to buy up some other drug companies and get back into growing the company before I invest there.

Gene