Saturday, August 6, 2011

S&P Downgrades US Debt

Well, it's a first in United States History, I understand. Standard and Poor's downgraded the US National Debt from AAA to AA+. I cannot imagine that this will put upward pressure on stock prices, so I'm glad I'm working a job so i can buy stocks over the next year or two.

I was looking at my opportunity cost of the Welding Degree I finished in May, and I'm $85K in the opposite direction I could have been in had I kept working those two years. Also, had I put $30K in Crocs in 2008 and just walked away, I'd be well on my way to my first million dollars. Funny how life turns on such small dimes.

I'm still pushing for an economics degree to carry through my investing the rest of my life. I guess you'd say that I've entered the "Gravy Phase" of my life. It's all "building up wealth" from here.

Gene